Friday, August 1, 2008

Second-to-last remarks on puking pup...

He isn't puking anymore. Not. At. All. Truly, "maggot meatloaf" (ie: raw chicken patties and rice with a little olive oil) was the answer and I'm so thankful because cleaning up projectile vomit multiple times per day was really wearing on all of us. Being woken up in the middle of every night to *urp, urp,* OH MY GOD! LIQUID EVERYWHERE AND IT SMELLS LIKE BILE!?!?!??!?! F*$&@!K!!

I didn't think I could make it another day like that and it's so nice that I don't have to. We are now to the point where I can't remember the last time he puked and we're planning to keep it that way. Happy pupper tummy... so, so cute! (Usually, he is standing with one paw ON MY FOOT while I prepare his meals. I will repeatedly bump him out of the way, but he comes right back. Booger.)


I'm gearing up for a trip which will take me quite a ways away and ultimately may require skills such as hair styling, makeup astist-ing, and hand-holding for my dear friend who's in her cousin's wedding. Why is it that when you get ready for a trip you suddenly think you need "stuff"? What is that?


Seriously, do I really need to have a tan for this wedding I'm attending? NO. Do I really need to have whiter teeth? NO. Must I buy new shoes to wear with a new dress for this wedding? NO. NO. NO! And even though I know the answer to these and other similar questions is always a resounding "NO," why then do the questions come up at all? Well, hellO consumerism and heLLO feminine insecurity... Whatever. I'm keeping it within reason, but I just keep telling myself it's because there will be lots of pictures to document the event and therefore I would like to look and feel my "best." So, there may be some sunless tanning (what other kind is there here in Washington?!) and there just may be some tooth whitening, but that's reasonable since I did NOT get new shoes or a new dress, right? I'm getting excited for this trip since I love to fly and I'm headed for a land with much greater odds of procuring a ham and cheese croissant than this here small town has of procuring an American Idol finalist. Ten days to a bring about a whiter smile an less ghostly legs... wish me luck.

P.S. What the shit am I going to wear to this wedding if I'm NOT buying a new dress?!??! Ugh.

4 comments:

Sidney Ann said...

You won't even need to wear a dress if you pair sunless tanner with the right shoes. I promise, you'll be the star of the show. It's important to divert attention away from the bride and onto yourself.

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Obviously, that's my plan.

IndianaJones said...

maybe a little shopping is in order? You could find something vintage on the hill....

Unknown said...

I'm glad your pup is doing much better..

and I totally agree with sidney ann