Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stay forever just that way...

I stopped at this field yesterday on my way home... the top of the hill to my parent's house is a magical expanse of conversations between every living thing. It's a vast property, acres optically fooling you at first into thinking it runs straight out to meet the water, with only one house in the middle of it all. Oh to be that house...

I'm constantly amazed at how much this place means to me, just passing by it I'm renewed and as I change and shift and grow, this land seems to stay constant in the way that I need it to. I walked the street beside it to the school bus for two years before leaving the public school, I walked that street still more to take the public bus to horseback riding and volunteer opportunities, I walked to cool off, to warm up, to think and to dream. Sometimes I walked with tears pouring down my face and other times my smile could have filled the valley in between the land and sea. I went away and missed those walks and now that I'm here again, I couldn't possibly walk enough... so now I run.

This little spot, so small among the earth, so simple and easily unnoticed by some, makes me want to sing! Reminds me why I work to live here, why I'm so small and fragile, but worthy and alive and created. This place is an experience, it shows me what is possible and welcomes me into being... whatever I am. I had wanted to celebrate it, if that makes any sense, before the bad tractors come and once again alter its landscape for the rest of the year. Before I can no longer see movement in it and feel a part of it in exactly the same way. It's hard to do that alone I found... hard to celebrate it properly, but I tried. I did my best work without the camera it seems, just being among the space and acknowledging that in it I see forgiveness and peace and only good things...






Where do you go? Where do you find yourself heading to recharge, to listen and to talk without words?


3 comments:

Raven said...

Sedona, Az.

It's been too long now so I am hoping the mountains of Colorado will suffice.

Lauryn said...

Well that was a truly beautiful post.

And you did a great job capturing it with your camera as well!

Sidney Ann said...

That looks positively magical. Le sigh...