Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On my way back... sorta.


I've been sick. Really yucky, out of nowhere, wishing you were dead, super inconvenient sick from a UTI and I'm just now starting to feel like I'll go ahead and try to continue living a little longer. Meanwhile my poor husband has been arriving home late every evening because he's in training all week for some sort of computer-geek higher knowledge squad as his company makes a transition to another form of programming. He hasn't been happy either, in fact he threatened to take his life before I would have a chance to take mine. Bummer week so far.

We'll make it through though, there's a light at the end of the tunnel for both of us. Hans has been given a ticket to some technology awards show that happens night and it sounds like a pretty swell event complete with bottomless drinks and a fancy dinner as well as demonstrations of clever new "technologies." I'm taking Friday off to keep my sanity and packing in some good times with my pups and friends and my sister-in-law too. I'm hopeful that the drugs will get me on my way back to normal and I look forward to having more productive days to share with you.

Side note: I can't get off my mind how badly I want to start a real working rescue group here, but it's just too much to put together at a time when we have little resources until our other house sells. I'm constantly trying to think of ways to do whatever I can and with whatever I have for now, but also trying to be patient until the timing is right for so much more. I hate feeling like there's a "can't" at the end of my dream. The limitation makes me even more impatient.

No comments: