Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Knock, knock... Who's there? NOTHING.

Well, I'm sorry to say it, but I just don't have any truly interesting news.

I literally went to upload photos from the camera for the last few days and discovered absolutely no pictures were in there, AT ALL. A tragic discovery I know, but it's indicative of days full of satisfaction really (as is the lack of blogging). That means, not even the two wild turkeys standing on the highway yesterday afternoon were documented nor did I capture Hans mixing me rum-filled glasses of goodness on Tuesday night and the subsequent drunkenness that followed. Probably best that we didn't capture that. Those turkeys were good though, had the whole Island on alert and the dang birds just looked as disappointed as can be that they took the wrong turn on their way to the turkey social. Instead, we've been too busy slathering my back in copious amounts of butt-cream (aka: A & D Ointment) three times a day and I'm sure you're not at all interested in pictures of that. Eww. Or maybe you are? It pretty much the easiest thing ever to convince me to take my shirt off these days, I love my new tattoo. Love, love, love it. Tomorrow is the last day I'm supposed to use that godawful goop and then we can move on to more civilized potions like shea butter and green tea lotion. Yum!

In other useless news, I ordered Rocko a backpack today and I can't wait for it to arrive on Friday. I shopped locally (go team) and went with a pack that should work well for running, unlike Miles' pack which is more of a hiking/working accessory. We'll keep you posted on our adventures there. All the boys are sleeping soundly now as we had an excursion to the dog park this evening for lots of ball chasing and only a little standing in the water trough. Sad news for the week though... Rocko's beloved "purple ball" lost it's ness and has been deemed completely unusable. I grew tired of picking up it's bits all over the yard so, off to the ball graveyard she went. Sigh.

The ball in happier times, circa May of 2008.

No comments: