Monday, May 26, 2008

It will be a Memorial Day indeed...

Kill me know. PLEASE. Memorialize ME! I have three canker sores. (Sincere thanks to my Mom's genes.) Not only do I have a whacked-out immune system, but I also SO FOOLISHLY overheated my lunch on Friday and burned the roof of my mouth more severely than I've even experienced before. I really wish you could see how totally annihilated my little palate is, it's so tragic. Dear God, take me away... I don't have enough drugs to make up for the fact that this is comparable to when I had dry sockets after my wisdom teeth were pulled. Facial/dental pain = misery.


Despite the misery, there have been doings and comings and goings and some productivity. We volunteered to help with building a soffit on Saturday at my coworker Tammi's house (they're crazy people who have mad skillz when it comes to building and remodel so, they're building their own house, no exaggeration). They. Are. Doing. It. Themselves. Insane. Anywho, we'd like to help as much as possible, but this was only our first contribution and it was hard work for how little it seemed we accomplished. Pretty much all of my muscles hurt, but especially the ones around my ribs. This must have been due to all the hula hooping you do when you build a soffit. Huh??? What???



Miles supervised and kept track of his tennis ball, very important work, and after we'd all had enough of hammers and nails it was time to put up some black paper so the garage wall can be sided soon.


After a hard day's work we did what any self-respecting construction worker would do... we drank. Mojitos and pizza at our place LATE, not until after 9pm did they get over to our house. How old do I sound? Sheesh. Needless to say it was a very sleeping Sunday morning after that and we followed one late night with another when we spent Sunday even at my brother's house. Before we could head off Island to see the family however, we had a few friends drop in for a visit which paid off in many ways. Hans has picked up some cabinets on Friday night for our kitchen/living room wall and we needed some muscle to help get the first/tallest one up. Enter, brother-in-law Ian and good friend Lucas. We also had the pleasure of visiting with Audrey, Reed and Bailey who all entertained the dogs to no end. Bailey found our apple tree climbing worthy and then flailed around on the floor once boredom set in.
The first cabinet is now up and the second one is being constructed as we speak... hubby is on the floor with all three boys looking on. Today is about serious recovery and comfort however... a movie perhaps and my continued pursuit of things that I can eat without willing death upon me. Why is it that when you're sick or after surgery you always want what you can't have? Mentally, I'd give anything for piping hot mac and cheese or soup... any number of soups sound divine. What's with that?!?!

4 comments:

always sunny said...

that's all beside the point. lets get to what really matters here. you are the hottest construction worker i have ever seen...

always sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
See Sherm Blog said...

Oh no. That sounds miserable (both the current condition of your mouth and the manual labor). I myself have been blessed with the cold AND canker sore gene (aka herpes of the mouth). Lovely, isn't it? Especially b/c they always come about durning stressful times. Which was especially fun right before our wedding. Lets just say I went through about 7 brands of cold sore meds before I finally found one that actually zapped it before it was visible. ($80 later.) Hope your mouth is back to normal soon.

lorieloo said...

quite the busy bee you were this weekend! hopefully the business distracted you from the pain. try a yummy fruit smoothie the cold might feel good.