Monday, April 6, 2009

Follow the yellow brick road...

There's a stretch of highway just a mile from my home that was the focus of some "community spirit" a few years ago (I really can't remember how long...) and as a result SEVENTY-BILLION daffodils rise up to greet Island travelers passing by right about this time of year. Rachel and I were just talking about those little pretties when she was here for a brief visit over the weekend, neither of us could remember noticing if they had sprouted up yet so, I just had to stop and take a picture or two during my lunch break today. Look Rachel, they're here!


My view is looking north from a little Sebo's hardware store and gas station parking lot toward the new fire house location. I jog past here all the time and can't wait to see hunky men washing fire engines soon...
:o)

2 comments:

always sunny said...

YES! we totally drooled over them. they are lookin good. i wanted to steal a few, but being on the highway in all...

i avoided myself from being shot.

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Beautiful daffodils! It's always nice to see a little eye-candy while you're running. ;o)