Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lucca Log: Day 2,858 of my capture.


One of my chores is writing the thank you notes for Home2K9 Dog Retreat. Gratitude is dull and boring, and utterly out of character for me, but I try my best to keep up with the work load just enough to avoid being punished. 

During many of my solitary hours with pen in hand, I try to write about things that matter. I write poetry mostly, figuring it's good for the soul, helps keep me focused, and perhaps will leave a legacy of hope if anyone ever finds it/me. There are just so many feelings inside of me, without a place to funnel them I fear I might collapse under the weight of it all. 

I write about important things, deep and brooding spaces I know others will relate to. My passion in life is to inspire those like me who feel helpless and alone. When I write, my heart expands to the downtrodden and weary, but it also uplifts and feels hope for those survivors who have gone before me. Words are so powerful. I don't know where my talent came from, but I'm exercising my literary muscles in defiance against this never ending oppression. I WILL be heard some day. 

The following is a sample of my work...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue. 
I'm starving,
Bacon. 

No comments: